Breast Cancer – the words can be shocking to hear. NCH has available a breast health navigator to assist patients in need. The navigator provides information and support to patients who have a suspicious finding or have been diagnosed with breast cancer. She helps remove barriers to care for patients. More specifically the navigator does the following:
- Helps patients with suspicious findings obtain a timely diagnosis and treatment.
- Keeps communication open with providers, caregivers and patients in order to coordinate services within NCH, outside facilities and the community.
- Makes sure that patients get to follow-up appointments and are aware of and can access needed services.
- Directs patients to local and national community resources
- Keeps in contact with patients while they are receiving care and tracks their progress.
To contact the Breast Health Navigator, please call 239-624-4988.