Dr. Mark Brown
, Dr. Gary Bergen
and Dr. Vakhtang Bochorishvili
lead our integral multifaceted Infectious Disease department.
- They are highly trained board certified physicians
- They are qualified experts in the diagnosis and treatment of infectious disease of any type and cause.
- They are continually kept abreast of all current events and potentially concerning situations in the infectious disease area through publications, journals, seminars, symposiums and roundtable discussions.
- The doctors receive constant updates from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). They must also be highly knowledgeable about the most current antibiotic and medication use.
Some interesting facts that you should know about Infectious Diseases:
- It has been noted that infectious diseases kill more people worldwide than any other single cause.
- Germs are tiny living things found everywhere; in the air, soil, water, plants, food and just about every other surface including your body.
- Infection can come by touching, eating or breathing something containing a germ. Germs are also spread through animal bites, kissing and sexual contact.
- Your immune system works very hard to protect the body against a multitude of infectious agents. However, germs are constantly changing and mutating. These mutated germs then try to breach your immune systems.
To make an appointment please call (239) 624-0800