The NCH Physician Group Division of Orthopedics is led by Drs. Howard Kapp and Jon Dounchis who are recognized nationally as leaders in the medical specialty of orthopedics. They trained at the nation’s leading medical centers including Johns Hopkins Hospital, Harvard Medical Center and the Mayo Clinic. They provide state of the art high technology musculoskeletal care utilizing advanced techniques to diagnose and treat a broad range of orthopedic problems.
Working in collaboration with the following medical and ancillary services, Dr. Kapp and Dr. Dounchis specialize in helping patients maximize function and mobility working:
- Education both pre-surgically and postoperatively
- X-ray room on site
- MRI technology at the Commons Building (800 Goodlette Road) and Veterans Park (1845 Veterans Park)
- Physical Therapy
Orthopedic Services and Procedures
Comprehensive care is delivered in a high quality, cost effective way while taking into consideration each patient’s specific needs. They offer non-operative and operative musculoskeletal care for their patients. A partial listing of services include:
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Partial and total joint replacement
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Non-surgical treatments-cortisone injections, Synvisc injections physical therapy
- Sports medicine
To make an appointment, please call (239) 434-5700.