Ultrafast Coronary Artery Calcium Score
The Ultrafast Coronary Artery Calcium Score is a quick, non invasive CT scan of your heart that detects calcified plaque in your coronary arteries. The amount of calcified plaque, if any, is directly related to your future risk of heart attack, the need for coronary angioplasty or bypass surgery, or even your risk of dying due to heart disease.
- Takes about 25 seconds
- Acquires numerous cross-sectional images of your heart
- Once completed, a number, based on the size and density of the calcified plaque will be assigned to each of the areas.
- Those numbers will then be totaled to give a “calcium score”
- A Board-Certified Cardiologist will issue a report with guidelines for prevention, treatment and further testing, if necessary.
Who should have an Ultrafast Heart Scan?
The Ultrafast Heart Scan is most appropriate for men age 35 – 75 and women age 40 – 70 who have any of the following risk factors for coronary heart disease:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Family history of premature coronary heart disease
It is NOT recommended for individuals who:
- Have known coronary heart disease
- Have irregular or fast heart rhythm disturbances
- Are pregnant
Location: The Ultrafast Coronary Artery Calcium Score is only offered at:
800 Goodlette Road Suite 230
Naples, FL 34102
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00pm
To schedule an Ultrafast Coronary Artery Calcium Score please contact Main Scheduling at (239) 624-4443