Stroke affects each survivor differently. A logical choice in the recovery process after stroke is The Day Rehabilitation Program, which is an outpatient rehabilitation program designed to help stroke survivors relearn skills that are lost or impaired.
The Day Program is structured and goal oriented. A multi-disciplinary team of physical, occupational, and speech therapists work together using the latest evidence based practice and treatment modalities to help stroke survivors achieve their highest level of recovery.
Our expert team delivers therapy in an encouraging and friendly environment with focus on improving the following:
The Day Rehabilitation Program at NCH Offers:
- Movement such as walking, balance, coordination, and sensory deficits
- Lower and/or upper extremity weakness
- Regaining strength and endurance
- Cognition, or thinking skills
- Strategies for self-care and safety post-stroke
- Adaptive strategies for daily activities
- Deficits in speech, language and comprehension.
- Aphasia & Dsyphagia post-stroke.
- Education on the stroke recovery process
Contact the NCH Outpatient Rehab Department
- A clinical team of multi-disciplinary therapists with extensive experience in treating stroke.
- All outpatient facilities are JCAHO accredited.
- Progressive home exercise programs are provided to stroke survivors during therapy & at discharge.
- Therapists bring real-life activities into therapy along with hobbies & interests to encourage participation in the recovery process.
- The Day Program also treats other neurological conditions.
- Chris Brossard, OTR/L, C/NDT, ATP is credentialed as an Assistive Technology Practitioner and completes wheelchair assessments, as well as helping with other technology consults.