At NCH, our licensed Speech-Language Pathologists also hold a certificate of clinical competency from the American Speech and Hearing Association, (ASHA). Because of this training our speech language pathologists provide comprehensive speech and language therapy programs for a wide variety of patient populations and medical conditions.
Our speech-language pathologists strive to help you reach your clinical and personal goals in a friendly and compassionate environment. In conjunction with your physician, we specialize in assessment and treatment of individuals with communication problems including speech production, receptive and expressive language, fluency, voice, and swallowing.
We treat pediatrics through geriatrics using state-of-the-art equipment and evidenced-based treatment modalities to treat the following medical
- Dysphagia: (Swallowing difficulty/disorders)
- Voice Therapy
- Parkinson’s Disease using LSVT™ LOUD
- Oral, Head, and Neck Cancer
- Feeding Difficulties (infants and children)
- Cognitive Retraining
- Augmentative Communication Devices
- Lip Reading for hearing-impaired individuals
- Pediatric Developmental speech and language difficulties
- Hearing Impairment with Cochlear Implants
- Specialized Diagnostics: Modified Barium Swallow Studies, Fiberoptic Endoscopic Swallowing Evaluations, and Videostroboscopy
Our highly trained speech language pathologists complete a comprehensive evaluation and develop a treatment plan specific to your individual needs to restore you to your highest level of function. We look forward to being a resource for you on your road to recovery. Contact the NCH Outpatient Rehab Department