Services for Patients, Families and Staff
Spirituality and Healing
Current research shows a positive relationship between faith and healing. Benefits of prayer, meditation and religious counsel are:
Religion, Spirituality and Health 2012: A Comprehensive Review of the Research and Clinical Applications (click here)
Religion, Spirituality and Cardiovascular Disease 2013: Comprehensive Review of Research and Clinical Applications (click here)
- An increased sense of optimism and hope
- Decreased anxiety and fear
- Decreased depression and quicker recovery from depression.
Call a Chaplain If...
- You would like a pre-surgical visit
- You would like emotional or spiritual support to help you or your loved one through a current situation
- Your loved on is critically or seriously ill
- You or your loved one would like a religious ritual or sacramental service performed
- You need assistance with moral or ethical decisions
- Your loved one is very anxious over an unexpected admission, impending surgery, a critical diagnosis or other healthcare situation