NCH Stroke Center of Excellence
NCH is committed to better stroke care and has cutting edge techniques and advanced equipment that allow us to deliver FAST
- NCH Healthcare System receives AHA "Get with The Guidelines - Stroke Silver Quality Achievement Award"
- NCH Healthcare System Achieves Designation as a Primary Stroke Center
- The numbers of patients treated with stroke signs and symptoms in Collier County in 2012 was 837 and NCH treated 83% of these patients.
- NCH has 11 Neurologists and 5 Neurosurgeons on staff that treat stroke.
- New treatments are available that greatly reduce the disabilities caused by a stroke.
Stroke is An Emergency! Act F.A.S.T.
- F - Face. Ask the person to smile. Does one side of the face droop?
- A - Arms. Ask the person to raise both arms. Is one arm numb or drift downward?
- S - Speech. Ask the person to repeat a simple sentence. Are their words slurred? Can the person repeat the sentence correctly?
- T - Time. If the person shows any of these signs CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY! Getting that person to the hospital as quickly as possible is the key to minimizing the damage of stroke!