As Florida's top hospital for cardiac care, the cardiologists of NCH Heart Institute offer a breadth of services covering the full range of cardiac conditions. Whether you're a year-round resident of Southwest Florida or come to the area for a visit, you will find the cardiologists of the NCH Heart Institute ready to help.
To make an appointment or for more information, please call: (239) 624-4200
#1 In Florida for Overall Heart Care
The NCH Heart Institute, part of the NCH Healthcare System, is Ranked #1 in Florida again for Overall Cardiac Care. Committed to providing the highest quality of cardiovascular care, the NCH Heart Institute is a trusted name in Florida. The Institute is recognized for its Code Save-A-Heart Program, Open Heart Surgery Program, cutting-edge technology, quality physicians and staff, outstanding outcomes, and consistently high patient satisfaction ratings. Home to the first and only Open Heart Surgery Program in Collier County, the NCH Heart Institute has been a pioneer in the cardiac arena for almost two decades.
World Class Medical Professionals
NCH Heart Institute includes a multi-disciplinary group of cardiovascular thoracic surgeons, interventional cardiologists, cardiologists, electrophysiologists, cardiovascular anesthesiologists and dozens of highly skilled, compassionate colleagues-all widely renowned for their experience and success.
The first and only open Heart Surgery Program in Collier County opened in 1996 with a dedication to excellence and has consistently earned recognition and top honors from the leading independent health care rating agencies. Using innovative procedures in coronary bypass surgery, heart valve repair and replacement, our surgeons are committed to delivering excellence in cardiovascular care. The NCH cardiac surgery services rated 3-star and top 10% in the nation by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, Cardiac Surgery Database.
Interventional cardiology is the point of entry for prevention and treatment of heart disease. NCH’s Code Save-A-Heart program has provided life saving interventions for thousands of patients since its inception in the year 2000. Board-certified interventional cardiologists rely on decades of experience, advanced technology and the latest techniques to correct heart conditions without surgery. NCH Heart Institute is the area’s choice for diagnostic and interventional procedures.
Programs & Services
Latest technology and techniques
Our team of board-certified cardiovascular surgeons, interventional cardiologists, cardiologists, and electrophysiologists use the latest technology and techniques to effectively diagnose and treat patients. NCH Heart Institute is an industry leader with its use of these new procedures and technologies.
- Minimally Invasive Valve Repair
- Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid and Pulmonary Valve Surgery
- Coronary Bypass Surgery
- Electrophysiology - Ventricular & Atrial Mapping, Ablations, Atrial Fibrillation Ablations
Cardiac Catheterization Labs
Our Cardiac Catheterization Labs, home to the nationally recognized Code Save-A-Heart program, provide a range of services, including comprehensive diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Coronary Angioplasty and Cutting Balloon Angioplasty
- Intracoronary and Intra-arterial Stent Placement
- Carotid Angiography
- Diagnostic Renal Angiography and Renal Stent Placement
- Peripheral Angiography, Angioplasty, Atherectomy, and Stent Placement
- Inferior Vena Cava Filter Insertion and Placement
- Permanent and Bi-Ventricular Pacemaker Insertion
- AICD Insertion
- Tilt Table Testing
- Two locations: Naples and Bonita Springs
- 8,000 patient visits/year
- Home monitoring option available when criteria met
- Two state-of-the-art fully equipped facilities
- Professionally trained and certified staff
- Programming available for patients following Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Monthly or annual membership available with no contract
von Arx Diabetes and Nutrition Center
American Diabetes Association (ADA) recognized program taught by Certified Diabetes Educator RNs and Registered Dietitians
- Nutrition classes and counseling
- Diabetes self management program covering diet, exercise, medication, blood glucose monitoring and targets
- Pre-Diabetes classes designed to delay or prevent diabetes through lifestyle changes
- Diabetes caregiver workshops
- Diabetes and insulin support groups