The NCH Center for Philanthropy is the fundraising arm of the NCH Healthcare System, a 501 (c)(3) community hospital that receives no direct taxpayer, county or government support. Through generous charitable donations, the Center for Philanthropy supports a medical institution with a proven record of clinical distinction.
Philanthropy has enabled the NCH Healthcare System to provide comprehensive, compassionate care for over sixty years. Your generosity results in state-of-the-art facilities, leading edge technologies and world-class medicine. We invite you to join us in our mission in "helping everyone live a longer, happier, and healthier life."
For more information on how you can make a difference, please call us at (239) 624-2000. Thank you for your support!
Renovating The NCH Baker Hospital Downtown Emergency Department
Click here to see a video about why the community needs a renovated downtown emergency department
In 2017, Downtown ER visits exceeded more than 39,700 and patients were cared for by 76 board-certified emergency medicine physicians, advanced practice clinicians and registered nurses specialized in emergency care.
The Downtown facility has not been updated in more than 20 years. Funding the $30 million renovation will deliver high quality critical, emergent and urgent care while maintaining a safe, respectful environment for the people of Collier County. Our goal is to become only the third geriatric-focused emergency department in the country.
• Expanding the ER from 34 to 50 beds with larger treatment rooms
• Redesigning waiting rooms to be more comfortable while featuring charging stations, office space and food options
• Improving patient privacy by with individual glass treatment rooms, replacing the current curtained cubicles
• Creating additional space in nurse stations and physician charting areas to accommodate Smart Room technology and an anticipated ER Residency program
• Rebuilding two trauma rooms with specialized holding areas and add a decontamination room
• Implementing the lean design model for more efficient flow to achieve higher levels of patient satisfaction